Monday, September 14, 2009

In My Own Words - pgs 6-12

My stuff is a reflection of me, but I am not my stuff.

Our family is growing. Boys have outgrown clothes and toys. I’ve accumulated books and papers. I have hobbies and collections. I’ve inherited boxes and stuff is cheap.

Self storage is supposed to be temporary, but for me it has become a no-man’s land of stuff. It’s hard for me to throw away excess because everything seems important to me.

I have to imagine the life I want. Does the stuff I own contribute to the life I am hoping to achieve? Or is it getting in the way of my vision? Why is it in my home? Why is it in my life? Why do I cling to it?

___________________________________
From Peter Walsh’s book “It’s All Too Much”
written in my own words.


No comments:

Post a Comment