Tuesday, September 1, 2009

The Bible and clutter

I look around my home
and feel like the psalmist who said
“My confusion is continually before me,
and the shame of my face hath covered me,”
Psalm 44:15 (KJV)

Clutter has a stronghold on my house
and that clutter has created disorder.
Webster defines clutter as “to run in disorder”
in other words, “to operate in confusion”

And what does the Bible say about confusion
“For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace”
First Corinthians 14:33 (KJV)
and Second Peter 2:19 (NLT) makes it clear
“For you are a slave to whatever controls you.”

Clutter is controlling every area of my life
Physical. Emotional. Mental. Spiritual.
It’s time to straighten up and live right.
“No discipline is enjoyable while it is happening—it’s painful!
But afterward there will be a peaceful harvest of right living
for those who are trained in this way.”
Hebrews 12:11 (NLT)

Learning to keep our home clutter-free
will require discipline that will create space
in all areas of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment