Friday, September 4, 2009

In My Own Words - pgs 1-6

I am overwhelmed with too much stuff. Just everything is suddenly overwhelming. Every corner of my home is filled with stuff. I’m over stimulated by the sheer amount of stuff that I have lost the ability to concentrate or focus on anything. I’m embarrassed that my house looks like a storage unit.

Worldly, unpredictable, dangerous stuff clutters my mind daily – email & news. I feel paralyzed and don’t know where to begin. I have decided that I no longer want stuff to overrun and control my life.

On the outside our family appears organized, but underneath there is tension. Chaos in our home is taking away from happiness.

I’m suffocating and feel like I can’t breathe. Something has to change. I can’t live like this, but I have no idea where to begin. (hopelessness)

I spend most of my time at home, and I what to be more comfortable here. Home is where change starts – where I live, breathe, rest, love, and create.

___________________________________
From Peter Walsh’s book “It’s All Too Much
written in my own words.


No comments:

Post a Comment